Confounding VW electrical problems, created a mechanical headlight failure by Hewlett VW (a safety problem). The corporate VW USA arbitration process is to have someone from Michigan call the local dealership, and then re-parrot the same information back to me. This is a ridiculous arbitration process.

The car was purchased as a Certified Pre-Owned car – and has a warranty through May 2014, or 57K miles. No prior accidents were ever disclosed when purchasing.

Cost to fix is $622. VW’s Certified Pre-Owned extended warranty is meaningless. I will be selling this Jetta, and will never purchase another VW again.

Review about: Vw Jetta.

Hewlett VW - VW Service Department is Horrible

League City, Texas 2 comments

My brakes squeal like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and has pretty much done this since I bought my car. The dealership says the brakes are environmental so that will happen & provide a pamphlet saying your brakes will make noise. They also now say the issue is happening because I brake too light. I am 48 years old and have never had these issues with any car but this one. Dont buy a VW!! Ps my car is still new and under warranty. Course it sounds old and in need of brakes. I really wish I had known of this issue when I bought the car because had I been told I was buying a car that squeals I would not have made the purchase.

Car- VW Eos

Dealership: Hewlett VW in Georgetown

Review about: Vw Eos.

Comments

Hi Kim:

My name is Tom Fornshell, the service manager at Hewlett Volkswagen. I understand that you are not happy with the noise that your brakes makes, heck I wouldn’t like it if my car did that either. I will say that most of our VW owners do not experience that issue. And while Volkswagen provides a comprehensive factory warranty for defects in material and workmanship, they do not warranty wearing items like brakes or tires. That being said there are a couple of things we can do to help mitigate the noise you are experiencing. Several factors need to be considered in brake noise like brake pad thickness, driving conditions, miles on current brake system components, and freedom of moving brake components. Since I do not know these pieces of information, any remedy I might list here is just a guess.

As I said, Volkswagen will not pay us to replace your brakes but there may be something we can do to help. We’ll just need your car for a day to try some industry accepted practices to see if any of them will make your car sound a little less like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer… perhaps more like Donner.

Just give me a call and lets set up a time to see if we can help.

Oh and if I don’t hear from you in the next couple of weeks, I hope you and your loved ones have a safe and merry Christmas.

Hi KLiiv,

Just give me a call and lets set up a time to see if we can help.